This Christian site seeks to present articles, books, confessions, etc., that reflect Bible views on both doctrinal and practical areas of discipleship. These are written in a clear and simple style, supported by abundant Scripture, so the Lord can use His Word to tell His own story.
Let us explain about our church background. Although we have connections to churches coming out of the Swiss and Dutch state churches during the Reformation, we do not wish to give the impression that this site is only denominational in nature. We recognize that no denomination is fully faithful to the Bible's teachings.
What is important is to present strong, biblically oriented writings. Most of our articles are written by people of Anabaptist persuasion. The important fact, however, is that all of our contributing writers seek to be biblically based in their writings.
These Bible-practicing Christians were tagged with the Anabaptist name because they rebaptized those who had been baptized as infants or as unbelievers by the state churches. This allowed the state to persecute and put the Anabaptist believers to death under an A.D. 529 Roman law. These disciples never used the term Anabaptist themselves, and they objected to the term because of the criminal character associated with it. They would have preferred to be called Brethren or Bible Christians, but their enemies' derogatory nickname stuck. Later some of them were called Mennonites after a prominent servant in this restored church, Menno Simons. You may read more about them in our History page.
The Anabaptists made major contributions to the Reformation, although some of the central truths were ignored then, and even now. The following gives a short overview of some of our insights in the Word.
- Jesus Christ calls all to follow Him. He has secured redemption and bestows it upon those who repent and believe, committing their lives to Him as Lord and Saviour. This is possible only by God's free gift of grace, and by the sanctifying and enabling power of the Holy Spirit, who is given to all Christians.
- Jesus Christ brought Truth into this world and enabled it to be recorded through His apostles. God revealed Himself supremely in His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, and the inspired New Testament. The New Testament today is God's final revelation, and is the source of doctrine and God's commandments for godly living.
- Christ calls all Christians to a life of discipleship, made possible only through the grace of God creating a new birth in the believers. They will follow the all things of the New Testament.
- Baptism is for only repentant, born-again believers, and it symbolizes that they have received the Holy Spirit and have made a commitment to live as disciples of Christ. There is no biblical support for infant baptism or baptism of unrepentant people.
- The Church is the Body of Christ, and thus is made up of believers and therefore is a disciplined church. It is separate from the world and the control of the state. These truths stand in sharp contrast to the Protestant Reformation, the Roman Catholic Church, etc.
This site represents the conservative Anabaptist/Mennonites viewpoints. Sorry to say, some groups who carry the Anabaptist or Mennonite name ignore many of the Biblical based teachings found in our Articles.
To learn more of the Biblical truths, spend time in reading the many Articles,Even Unto Death, The Heroic Witness of the Sixteenth-Century Anabaptist, and Confessions found on this site. While here learn about our Books. They give a more readable format for study than the Internet. May the Lord bless your Bible study and reading!We welcome your comments and orders. Send comments to the Webmaster.